JJ O’Toole Ltd, Ireland’s leading packaging solutions Company, is seeking a Purchasing Assistant to join their team.
This is a role which would be ideally suited for an individual with strong administration and computer skills who is looking to take the next step in their career and join a rapidly growing company.
– Provide support for the Purchasing Department
– Send out RFQs to suppliers and generate quotations
– Liaise with customers re their quotations and all the admin work in relation to this
– Create and Process Purchase Orders
– Sourcing of new products and manufacturing partners
– Liaise with Suppliers to place, confirm and progress purchase orders
– Identify and resolve any order and supply issues
– Manage, investigate, and resolve customer complaints and escalations including assistance of customers who may have received their orders late, have received the wrong order or have received faulty products
– Assist with placing orders to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus.
– Negotiating with suppliers with regards to pricing and working with tight delivery schedules
– Liaise with different departments and assist with daily operational duties.
– Input data on our internal system in an efficient and timely manner
– Develop and maintain strong working relationships with external suppliers and internal departmental managers
– Assist the Purchasing Manager in the administration of day-to-day operations of the business.
– General administration and other ad-hoc duties as required
– Experience of working in a purchasing or admin role within a fast-paced environment
– Knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures would be beneficial but not essential as full training will be provided
– Excellent communication skills to liaise with suppliers, customers and other departments effectively
– Strong Computer Skills
– Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel
– Meticulous attention to detail
– Ability to work on own initiative
– Team orientated
– Positive attitude
– Ability to prioritise workload and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
– Excellent written and verbal English
– Previous purchasing experience