No products in the cart.
Purchasing & Supply Chain Specialist
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an established family business with over 100 years of history in the packaging industry. The role involves ensuring the cost effective purchasing and delivery of our packaging products to our exacting standards of quality and customer services.
- Key role within the purchasing department, communicating clearly the customer/sales team needs and requirements to the suppliers
- Ensuring costing and quality and turn-around times are adhered to with an emphasis on continuous improvement
- Demonstrates 100% product and services knowledge
Details of Function:
- Receiving and understanding enquiries from our various sales channels of our customer requirements.
- Build out the detailed RFQ for submission to our preferred suppliers.
- Analysis of submissions and engage best option having liaised and negotiated with suppliers to ensure in-house criteria are met and achieved.
- Detailed reporting to purchasing manager and customers
- Stock control and forecasting
- Open orders reporting and follow-up
- Printed orders reporting and follow-up
- Sourcing of new suppliers, while maintaining and improving existing relations with current suppliers on costings, delivery and quality metrics.
- Provide support to other members of the purchasing team
- Other Ad-hoc duties as required by management or customers
IIPMM, APICS or equivalent purchasing qualification, and/or relevant experience in material management and supply chain.
Previous exposure to intergraded fulfilment systems preferably Opera Enterprise System.
Computer Literate and proficient in MS Office Suite – Excel, Xrl, Word and PowerPoint
Managing processes and systems
Meticulous attention to detail
High level organisational skills
Customer Orientation – Internal and External
Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively under pressure
Willingness to learn
An interest in packaging is crucial
Team player who wants to add value
Please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 17:00, Wednesday, 5th of July 2017